Tuesday, July 16, 2013

life manual


Wouldn't it be great if we knew how to execute everything we hope to do without help? I constantly find myself wishing for some sort of "Life Manual" but it doesn't exist. The more I experience and learn, I realize that there are so many different ways to get to the same destination in life. In light of that, I have found some really great articles on different sites that have helped me get to where I'm going. 

In no way do I expect this to turn into a manifesto of your life, I just thought I'd share some good reads :)

Confidence, Excellence, and Independence: Business Lessons written by: Lewis Howes.


Jay Z is all about confidence.
Image credit: Medieval Beatz
 
This article was not only well written, but had some great points. These days all you have to do is pop on Pinterest to find some inspiration nuggets, but this article goes beyond the famous quote and actually explains the meaning behind them.  

The Power of "No" written by: Shane Snow

 

Photo credit from Bing
 
The title says it all. I know as 20 somethings especially, we feel like saying no to something means turning down a life changing opportunity. While I do think this is the time to lean in, take chances, and go for the crazy idea; it's also just as important to say no and not over commit yourself. You may be phenomenal at doing something but if you're juggling 9 other things there's no way you can show how awesome you are.

When Social Sharing Goes Wrong written by:Elise Hu

 

 

Photo Credit Glamour Magazine
 
This lesson should be taught in grade school. Social media isn't going away anytime soon, yet people of all ages still don't see that what you post, share, or tweet matters. The internet is written in ink, once it's out there some search engine will find it. While most people aren't going to post threats or bash their boss (that just reckless), it's still important to understand the posting of every single photo of  that wild bachelorette weekend isn't necessary, and it can come back and bite you. 
 

All in all these are all about getting yourself together and showing how great you really are without silly mistakes getting in the way. Good luck out there, and let me know what you think.

XO, Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment