Monday, July 8, 2013

beauty favorites that make the difference


I think most girls have a beauty ritual. Whether it's simply remembering to wash their face before bed or a 30 minute intense moisturizing session, I for one can admit I definitely have finally found one that works. 

My skin has caused me so much trouble growing up because it was constantly dry yet had enough oil slicks to solve the oil crisis over seas. Classic story of "I tried it all" I know, but really I did. Until rather recently I found a few things that have made all the difference. 

Clarisonic 

Photo courtesy of Clarisonic

The Clarisonic really did what I was told it would. I use it at the recommended high speed at night to get rid of all the dirt and oil from the day, and a lower speed at morning just to brighten up a bit. You can find it basically at any high end beauty supply store, but I got mine at Nordstrom.
I noticed that ever since I've used it I don't pick at my face at much and my break out were few and further between. To be fair, it didn't solve all my problems with my skin but did improve upon a lot of them.

Tarte Maracuja Oil

Photo Courtesy of Tarte Cosmetics


I don't know about you but I feel like it's counterintuitive to put oil on your skin if it's constantly oily. I learned from working with Tarte make-up artists that thinking that is wrong. Your face can tend to be so dry that it basically freaks out and over produces oil, but properly motorizing it will help it normalize.  I use the Maracuja Oil every night before I go to bed. Just a little drop spreads evenly across my face. You can find it at Sephora or Ulta Stores.
 I wake-up feeling a little dewy but after I use my Clarisonic (see above) I have the perfect palette to start my day. I have noticed that even though my skin still gets a mid day shine, it's significantly better.


Papaw Ointment

Photo Courtesy of The Good Store

This little beauty secret I actually stole from one of my favorite Aussie friends. While I was working and basically living with her, she would put this cream on sunburns, rashes, and her scars. Obviously, once I saw how awesome it is I had to investigate. It's an Australian fermented fruit remedy that somehow heals basically everything. I borrowed (ok, stole)  mine from my friend but you can order it online at The Good Store. It's worth whatever shipping fee you might have to pay, because this stuff is great. I use it daily on my lips, and occasionally on those unforeseen sunburns.

I can attest to each of these products because I use them everyday, and they are great. I love what they are doing for my skin. Try them out and let me know how they work out for you! 

XO, Jax








No comments:

Post a Comment