Tuesday, June 25, 2013

3 day cleanse

After quite a few consecutive weekends completely indulging ourselves in the richest foods, crispest wines, sweetest desserts, strongest cocktails (you get the picture) that we could lay our hands on...the husband and I decided to give Dr. Oz's 3-day cleanse a try. But before I move forward, let me make sure one thing is clear.....this was in NO WAY done with weight loss as the focus. This was purely about eliminating harmful toxins from the body and hitting the restart button both mentally and physically.

I was never really hungry, but I did miss eating. I had been a little worried about the shakes being gross tasting (especially after reading reviews of the lunch shake), but what was hardest for me was just not chewing anything for 3 days. Overall, there were tough moments, but I felt that it was completely worth it for me.
Visit the Dr. Oz site for the recipe sheet, grocery shopping list and instructions!


breakfast: water, flax seed, raspberries, banana, spinach, almond butter, lemon 
*This was definitely my favorite meal!


lunch: celery, cucumber, kale leaves, green apple, lime, coconut oil, almond milk, pineapple
*This was the hardest of the meals to get down. For me, the texture was infinitely worse than the flavor (which wasn't too bad, in my opinion).

dinner: mango, blueberries, coconut water, kale leaves, lemon, avocado, cayenne pepper, flax seeds
*Not bad. Watch the cayenne, it goes a long way!

Ending notes:
  • I recommend adding ice before blending and drinking as cold as you can.
  • I also recommend making them as fresh as possible, but I know that can be hard for lots of people who are on the go.
  • You are supposed to take a bath each night with epsom salt....I would definitely not skip this step! Heat draws toxins out of the body and will make the cleanse more effective.
  • Drink LOTS of water...also important for flushing out the toxins.
  • Overall, I felt healthier after the three days. I felt less bloated and didn't have as strong of cravings for sugary snacks which I had before the cleanse. 
  • It also made me more aware of what I put in my body and I have been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet.
If you have any questions about my experience, just leave a comment and I'd be happy to answer!

Cheers darlings!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment