Sunday, March 23, 2014

Abu Dhabi and the Sea Sprites

I realize it's been quite sometime since the last post on LivelyJax, it's been quite a crazy time for both of us. I've recently accepted an adventure in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emerates, and wanted to document this wild 6 week ride as much as I can.

I took a 16 hour direct flight from LAX to Dubai airport, which sounds like a long flight but compared to the other options it was as easy as a magic carpet ride. I may be exaggerating a bit because my knees, shoulders, and everything else was crammed into a very small space.

I made it safely from Dubai to our apartment in Abu Dhabi about two hours away where I'm living with Laurie, who is a fellow synchronized swimmer world traveler. I somehow managed to get across the world without any traveling hiccups, which is always a blessing.

Driving by the Dubai Skyline

On my first real day, Laurie and I woke up pretty early and sorted out paperwork with Yas Waterworld Park where our show is preformed.

Later on in the day we explored the Emirates Palace. We took a short tour of my (cough cough) future home, I decided that I would fit in the the royal lifestyle very well after passing a few Bentleys and Ferraris in the parking lot and stairwells for days.






I forgot to mention the very convenient Gold ATM. Yep my new palace has Gold-to-Go.


loving the architecture Etihad Towers 





XO,

Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment